Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Phiadon




I've recently been considering what it is that I would want to do in the future and as I enjoy creating books I would like to look into the publishing industry...

I've got many design books created by Phaidon, they are the publishers of one of my favourite books of all time - The Art of Looking Sideways. They also create many good reference books for art students such as: The photo book, The art book, The art of the 20th century and The American art book - all of which come in both large 'coffee table' books and smaller 'pocket books'.

They've recently released a new book called 'Ice Cream' which contains:

-An exhibition-in-a-book that presents 100 contemporary artists
-Selected by 10 internationally renowned curators, these artists will be the stars of tomorrow
-Each artist is featured over four pages with a selection of their most interesting work together with a commentary by the curator who selected them, an exhibition history, and a bibliography
-Each curator has also selected a source artist who has inspired or influenced the younger generation, providing readers with a broader historical perspective

and is said to be "A must-have for art-world insiders, an essential source book for students and all those who follow the contemporary art scene."

I'm intrigued.

Maybe one day I'll have a company that creates some amazing books to help all those art students and other along in the world or just show them something a little bit different...

Labels: ,