Friday, May 25, 2007

Charlie Chalk



Charlie Chalk is a children's television character that I used to watch when I was younger and I recently bought all the episodes on DVD so that I can reminisce...

The episodes last about 10 minutes each and are made using stop motion animation. They were created by Woodland animations who also made other kids tv shows such as Post Man Pat, The Wombles and Thomas the Tank Engine and friends.

There were ten characters in total called Charlie Chalk, Captain Mildred, Mary the Hover Fairy, Lewis T. Duck, Arnold the Elephant, Edward the Gorilla, Trader Jones, Sam Mellor, Bert and the Litterbug. They all lived on a small island called Merrytwit on which Charlie was shipwrecked when out fishing in his boat one day. There are thirteen episodes in total that follow Charlie and Co. through their adventures on the island.

I remember when I was younger being absoloutely terrified of the characters in Charlie Chalk but yet I used to love scaring myself silly watching them. I'm not sure why I was so unnerved when watching the cartoons but when I re-watched them a few weeks ago I still felt a little unnerved and disturbed by them (especially by the one where they meet Burt who is a large hairy creature that's been trapped in a cave for years on his own).


Click here for more info and pictures from Charlie Chalk

Clicky here to watch an episode of Charlie Chalk and see for yourself just how creepy it is...

Labels: