Friday, May 25, 2007

The Pianist




The Pianist is an absolutely immense movie set in Warsaw, Poland in the Second World War focusing on a Polish Jewish family who are split apart as they are interned in a German labour camps. One thing that really effects me when I watch this movie is the fact that it is based on a true story of the life of the skilled pianist Wladyslaw Szpilman during the Second World War.

It follows his hardships as he breaks free from the labour camp and strives to survive the war through starvation, attack and despair.

I love this movie with a passion, it is definitely one of my favourites and I would recommend it to anyone but beware of the content as it leaves you with a heavy heart as to what people had to go through for the insanity of another...

Read about it here

Buy it here - trust me it's worth it.

Labels: