Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hand to Eye



Hand to Eye is a book that has continued to inspire me throughout my design education. I first came into contact with it in my first year of my National Diploma in 2003. The book contains 144 pages of 45 contemporary illustrators from around the world.



It is one of those books that I tend to flick through from time to time to inspire me when I'm feeling at a bit of a loss. It is something I come back to on a regular basis when I'm searching for specific styles because it contains such a large wealth of styles and imagery that I usually find something to cater for my needs.



It contains many styles of illustration and graphic design including styles using pen, pencil, paint, embroidary and designers that merge digital art with hand rendered styles to create some highly original pieces.



The above image is one of my favourite in the book, I love the use of colours and patterns to evoke such feeling in a 2D piece.

Labels: